KLD - Voluntary work for SHARE EuropeI attended my first SHARE Europe conference in 1982. As all voluntary organisations live from the give and take principle, I soon became active in this organisation and eventually received the golden 10-year service award from the last president of the organisation. During my time with SHARE Europe I was involved in various activities:
- Project Manager for Office Systems Project (4 years).
- White Paper on National Language, Character and Keyboard problems: major contributions to the contents and production of the document (was not possible to do on IBM hardware).
- White Paper on National Language Architecture. This was initiated by me and hence most of the contents is my work.
- Presentations and publications, see publications.
- Member of the Advisory council with varying and overlapping tasks: Director of Publications and Publicity (6years); Editor (6 years); Deputy Requirements Manager (4 years).
- Develop and implement corporate image of SHARE Europe in publications and letter head.
- Member of Executive Board (4 years).
- Development of a VisualBasic program to support creation and handling of requirements. This includes a context sensitive help with full explanation of the requirements process.