If you run this utility an icon is installed in the system tray and hot-keys are established. There a two sets of hot keys:
Functions for any text application and Functions for FrameMaker only.
- Functions for any application which handles text
- Functions for FrameMaker 9 … 11
- Quick reminder about the functions
- Downlaod and installation
After copying or cutting text to the clipboards this utility may help to get rid of unwanted features.
|Paste the clipboard contents without formatting information, that is, just plain text (including line breaks. This functions is handy to copy from other applications, including web pages, but also within FrameMaker.|
|Windows+space||Remove sequences of spaces to one before pasting the text (without formatting information).|
|Windows+u||Change \ to / before pasting the text (without formatting information).|
These function should be used only under the following restrictions:
- No book window is open
- Only two document windows exist
- Focus is in one of the document windows, that is not in a dialogue or the information area at the bottom
|The currently active and then the other document window is scrolled down by one screen|
|Windows+x||The currently active and then the other document window is scrolled up by one screen|
Note: If either Shlomo Perets' Express Customization for FrameMaker or my Enhanced Tool Bars are installed, then not a screen ful, but a document page is scrolled.
This is due to the fact that the PgDn and PgUp buttons are redefined by these installations.
Right click on the icon in the system try offers a short menu. Selecting About gives you a short description of the functions:
Version Date Changes 3.0 2013-01-15 First issue of stand alone installation (the TextHelpers in the Enhanced Tool Bar installations are not updated yet).
- Expand the downloaded ZIP to any location. This will only store two files
- You may wish to establish a short cut to the exe file
If you want to get rid of the utility just remove the items (exe and ico file, shot cut).